cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound out of sync

Letouldren
Joining in

Hi have just joined Virgin, we have 2 boxes on 1 the sound is out of sync. It is connected to a Samsung 4K tv

39 REPLIES 39

stemayf
On our wavelength

No, it's a Denon AVR-X2400H - it can definitely pass 4K. There's an option for standard or advanced 4K.

I have ordered a 2.0 HDMI cable. Virgin say the one supplied with the V6 box is suitable for 4K.

Are you suggesting that I could have some luck using the 2.0 cable? Would the best approach be V6 to receiver to TV, or V6 to TV to receiver?

Thanks again.

You should definitely be able to get it to work then... that's a decent av receiver! Hopefully, your HDMI 2.0 cable will work. I didn't use the one supplied by Virgin as it didn't work properly for me either. So I used 1x HDMI 2.0 from V6 to Receiver and then 1 x HDMI 2.0 from Receiver to TV. Not sure what your TV specs are like but some models have a specific HDMI In port for 4K signals.. although I imagine as it's new that all of the HDMI ports are 4K... might be worth trying a different HDMI port on the telly if you find it still doesn't work..

stemayf
On our wavelength

Thanks again. I'll wait for the new cable and give it a try. I'll go for your recommended V6 to receiver to TV too.

Last question.

I have found that Prime Video via the V6 box red button is inferior video and audio quality to the using the Prime Video app on the TV. Would that be an issue with my set up too, or is Prime Video not outputted in the highest quality via the red button? That's another reason I went for V6 - TV - receiver, as I could change source on the TV to the apps, and get perfect picture and Dolby Digital sound via the optical cable without sync issues.

Cheers.

I have the same issue... the native apps on the TV will USUALLY be better than using the apps on another device (V6, Apple TV, Firestick etc.). In theory, Prime should be output at 4K and HDR from the V6 provided you have enabled 2160 in your video settings. But I personally find using the TVs own apps is better as it doesn't go through several processing "steps" depending on your set up. For this reason, I have also got my tv connected via Optical to my receiver. I have it set up so that when I choose TV as the source for my a/v receiver, it only outputs the audio received via the optical cable. There's not video signal, of course. You should be able to customise each of the source settings on your a/v unit. I had originally tried using the ARC for this situation (i.e. using Netflix, Prime etc. on the tv and getting the ARC to send the audio to the receiver) but it just didn't work at all... the only downside, of course, is that audio via optical is only a maximum of Dolby 5.1. It won't output anything higher, such as Atmos. But I prefer a better picture. And I don't think that Netflix or Prime currently offer Atmos on anything yet (but could be wrong). 

stemayf
On our wavelength
I only have a 5.1 set up, so the optical cable suited my needs.

Thanks again. Appreciate your time in responding.

No probs... do let us know if the new cable works when you get it.

stemayf
On our wavelength

2 new HDMI 2.0 cables later, and all fantastic. V6 to receiver to TV working perfectly. Video and audio both passing through as they should.

Thanks for your help.

That's fantastic.... happy to help... I know how frustrating things like this can be so am always happy to share any hints/tips/avoids I have picked up along the way. Happy listening!!

Hi

Can I ask what cables did you use? I bought the Amazon Basics 2.0 ones and I am still having the issue.

Thanks

Joe

Sure. From the same retailer search Anmck HDMI 2.0 Cable. I've since had no issues.