cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound out of sync

Letouldren
Joining in

Hi have just joined Virgin, we have 2 boxes on 1 the sound is out of sync. It is connected to a Samsung 4K tv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Dolby Digital > Dolby Digital to PCM >

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

39 REPLIES 39

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming the TV is directly connected to the V6, try changing the audio settings to ‘Dolby to PCM’.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply, know it’s a silly question but how do I do that?

rgds

david 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Dolby Digital > Dolby Digital to PCM >

Cheers, found out how to change to pcm. Unfortunately it was on pcm. Back to square one. Appreciate your help though

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be a silly question but do you also have a soundbar connected to the TV ?

@Anonymous wrote:

It might be a silly question but do you also have a soundbar connected to the TV ?

Hi, no such thing as a silly question. No I don’t have a sound bar. Thank you for your reply 

rgds David

Anonymous
Not applicable

There might be a setting on the TV (not the VM box) for 'Audio Sync', if so then you could try adjusting that setting to see if it improves things.

Thank you for your advice

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem! But I don’t have these settings, we have a Sony 4K TV with a Samsung Soundbar - never had issues until recently! No idea how to fix it. It’s almost as if the sound isn’t buffering fast enough to keep up with the picture as it keeps jumping and is really out of sync! We have reset the Virgin box a few times, but it only seems to work for a few seconds and then it’s out of sync again....