Menu
Highlighted
hgrech
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound on V6 box too low

I've just had a new V6 box installed and although the remote is paired successfully to my TV, I'm having to raise the volume level ridiculously high, over 60, to get the sound to be just ok. Then when I change over to freeview it's deafeningly loud. Spent an hour on the phone to virgin today and thought it was improved but actually sounds exactly the same. I noticed lots of posts on here related to it but couldn't find one where the problem is solved. Has anyone solved it, or had an engineer out that managed to fix it? I've tried all the suggestions but nothing works. I've got a fairly new Toshiba.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sound on V6 box too low

I think a box swap is called for to rule out a problem with the V6.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi it is an inherent problem with the V6 which has been around for ages which virgin seem incapable of solving, your TV has no baring on it, I have a 5.1 system connected to my system which also has to be turned high, which is not case with Netflix and Amazon video.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I disagree that it's an inherent problem with the V6 as mine is fine and surely more of the two million V6 users would be complaining. If the volume is lower than it should be then the problem must be with either the box or the network.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi well in my case as I explained I receive Netflix and Amazon via my V6 box, yet when I watch virgin content live and recordings I do have to increase the sound a lot more than other outlets, I have no local or quality issues with images, it's not the end of the world but exists for and the OP, any other suggestions welcome.Regards Micky
0 Kudos