cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound on V6 box too low

hgrech
Joining in

I've just had a new V6 box installed and although the remote is paired successfully to my TV, I'm having to raise the volume level ridiculously high, over 60, to get the sound to be just ok. Then when I change over to freeview it's deafeningly loud. Spent an hour on the phone to virgin today and thought it was improved but actually sounds exactly the same. I noticed lots of posts on here related to it but couldn't find one where the problem is solved. Has anyone solved it, or had an engineer out that managed to fix it? I've tried all the suggestions but nothing works. I've got a fairly new Toshiba.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think a box swap is called for to rule out a problem with the V6.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it is an inherent problem with the V6 which has been around for ages which virgin seem incapable of solving, your TV has no baring on it, I have a 5.1 system connected to my system which also has to be turned high, which is not case with Netflix and Amazon video.Regards Micky

I disagree that it's an inherent problem with the V6 as mine is fine and surely more of the two million V6 users would be complaining. If the volume is lower than it should be then the problem must be with either the box or the network.

--

Hi well in my case as I explained I receive Netflix and Amazon via my V6 box, yet when I watch virgin content live and recordings I do have to increase the sound a lot more than other outlets, I have no local or quality issues with images, it's not the end of the world but exists for and the OP, any other suggestions welcome.Regards Micky

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think a box swap is called for to rule out a problem with the V6.

--

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it is an inherent problem with the V6 which has been around for ages which virgin seem incapable of solving, your TV has no baring on it, I have a 5.1 system connected to my system which also has to be turned high, which is not case with Netflix and Amazon video.Regards Micky

I disagree that it's an inherent problem with the V6 as mine is fine and surely more of the two million V6 users would be complaining. If the volume is lower than it should be then the problem must be with either the box or the network.

--

Hi well in my case as I explained I receive Netflix and Amazon via my V6 box, yet when I watch virgin content live and recordings I do have to increase the sound a lot more than other outlets, I have no local or quality issues with images, it's not the end of the world but exists for and the OP, any other suggestions welcome.Regards Micky

Do you have a Samsung tv by any chance

Wildlife
Joining in

I had the same problem with my new V6 box and this worked.

Go to Home/Help and Settings/Settings/Audio/Dolby Digital

Select Dolby Digital to PCM

After I did this all the volume on the channels was back to normal. Hope this helps

Can I just say thank you, this has resolved the issue on my TV360 box, has been annoying me having to change the volume when I use other sources

Thanks for your post CalKlein, and we're really pleased to hear that the knowledge of our posters on here has been able to resolve your the fault you've been experiencing with the TV360 box

Do feel free to come back to us on the Forums, if you need any further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn