cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound keeps jumping

Racheloldfield
Tuning in

For the past week or so the sound has been jumping constantly. I've reset the box, changed the sound settings as advised. Run diagnostics which did say there was a fault and then there wasn't. All the cables are tight and in good condition. It's only the TV and v6 box that I have. 

Doesn't do it when I stream through the ps5 so it's not the TV. It's driving me insane 

16 REPLIES 16

We've tried it with the adaptor on like it was to start with and without. It jsut looks like the cable from the box on the wall to the v6 but it screws to one end and into the box. It's about 15cms long.

We were just trying to rule anything out that could be causing it.

When it realy got on my nerves the other night I ran a diagnostics and it came up with a fault. so I went to try and report it. When I couldn't I ran it again to see if there was any more info on it but it came up fine then. 

I'm that close yo throwing the v6 out the window. Ita like when you get bad signal on the car radio 

If it screws on to the main cable one side and just pushes on to the V6 then it is an adaptor between 2 different cable connections and needs to be left connected. If the cable isn't connected properly can give you varying results on the diagnostics.

We've put it back on. We jsut tried it without incase. Everything has been left how its been installed. The TV has never moved position. The TV isn't old either and is a decent make. It's jsut come out of no where which is frustrating 

If you keep having sound problems please update the thread.

I'm sure I will do. I've tried everything I can think or and read about online. I will report to virgin when I get chance. Too snowed under with work at the moment to think about complaining lol

Been on the phone today to virgin they said my box is showing an outage on it. They are sending out an engineer next Tuesday 

Hope everything goes well, 👍