cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound glych

palcouk
On our wavelength

VM V6 box, Area #022 LG TV all software on both up to date

Every so often (a few times an hour) when watching TV, a std terrestrial channel  BBC/ITV/4/5 etc momentary loss of sound ie you may miss a word or two, occasional pixilation as well.

Done all the usual, restarted everything, checked system network connection. No change, engineer finally attended, stated there was a problem with the network box, which he repaired. Was OK for a week or so.

Next engineer stated that the internal cable from wall to the V6 box was the wrong type & replaced it, then checked cables outside.

But still the problem continues most irritating if watching a drama and you miss a bit of important dialogue. There is no problem on Netflix or Amazon connected directly via LG tv remote.

Where to next?  

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If recordings are freezing, one of two things are happening...

1: There was a problem with the broadcast channel at the time of recording, caused by a signal issue.

2: There's a problem with your hard drive causing issues with all recorded content.

Viewing live TV and pressing pause to make viewing into (effectively) a recording, is a good way to test which.

Either way - it's a fault and needs attending to. Either call in (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from another phone) or wait on here for staff to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

palcouk
On our wavelength

If this was a PC I would be running HD checking utilities, but I cannot do this with a V6 box

The problem doesn't effect all recordings, but a significant number.

Using Pause whilst viewing live TV, when I done this it has always worked without issue.

We don't have any freezes when watching live tv (or at least rarely)

palcouk
On our wavelength
Watching BBC1 HD Holby on live TV was unwatchable due to constant sound glitches/freezes, but watched 2 recorded programs for the same day/time later on that were fine.

Go figure 😞

Hi palcouk

Thanks for coming back to us. Has it happened since Wednesday? If so, let me know and we'll help further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

palcouk
On our wavelength
Yes it has, sound glitch only but less frequent than before, the last noticeable issue was Friday 5pm when using live TV a HD channel

palcouk
On our wavelength

31/08 4HD 24 hrs in A&E recorded, watched 01/09 after 35 mins freeze every 10 secs for 2 secs this lasted 5 minutes

Hi @palcouk,

I am sorry you are still having this issue. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can clear security and arrange another tech visit for you to look into this further and replacing the box if needed. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for confirming your details via PM @palcouk,

I have booked the first available appointment for you. Please sign into your online account for confirmation of the date and time. If this is unsuitable, you will be given the option to re-schedule. 

Do let us know how the visit goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs