Menu
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sound but no picture in hd

Hi, 

i seem to have sound only when trying to watch films on sky cinema and the virgin media store. 

Just purchased a £14 film and can’t watch it. Called virgin media technical, told me to call virgin media store. 

Virgin media store say “why would it be anything to do with them”

called virgin media back, they tell me it’s my lead, the same lead that works in the DVD player and ps4. 

We have now spent the last hour calling and speaking g to people to get nowhere. 

Media store will will not refund the purchase. 

Oh how we battle on with virgin media. 

Can any one help please

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound but no picture in hd

Hi D_h_c11,

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue.

Have you been able to try forcing the resolution of your V6 output to see if this makes any difference?

Do the following, Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format and choose a resolution such as 720p and see if you're able to view the movie.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, 

yes we’ve tried that. Was on the phone for almost an hour trying and re trying. The technical team said they had made some changes and sent some codes to out box. 

Ive changed the lead twice, brand new leads. 

I managed to get picture for about a second and then it went again. 

I think it’s the port on the back of the box as if I hold the cable at the connector end it feels quite loose, and it allows me to move it about, when it’s wiggled the sound comes and goes as well. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello D_h_c11,

Thank you for the update.

We'd like to send an engineer to your property to investigate this further for you as I can see you've tried a few things yourself and with the tech team which haven't helped.

To do so we need to pass some security so I'll pop you over a private message, if you're just ok to respond to this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right please.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, 

i didn’t want to arrange an engineer as I was conscious that if they said it wasn’t the equipment then would I be charged for the call out?

kind regards

Darren

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi D_h_c11,

We fully understand your concerns with a technician call out charge, we would only charge you if it was your equipment at fault, but as you have advised you have already tried two new leads and the problem still persist it may be an issues with our equipment.

Have you tried another TV? You can try our cable box with another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issues. Also Is the problem on every channel or just with our on demand services? Sometimes a reboot of the box  can make a difference have you tried this at all?

Can you check the above and let us know how you get on? 

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s only on demand Chanel’s in HD, 

the signal coming through to the tv is showing as 576p

purchased brand new cable and tried and it came through in 1080p, got a picture then it went. 

If I hold the hdmi lead in the back of the box and wiggle it the picture comes and goes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the update D_h_c11.

If you've done all the checks you've advised it looks like we'd need an engineer visit to look into this further.

If my private message didn't send previously I'll pop you over another one now if you can respond to this with the information needed to book this in for you.

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
D_h_c11
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you emily

No private message as yet. 

Please advise what to expect next. 

I have to say that virgin media as absolutely terrible, how come we have to go on to a community forum to get to speak to someone that’s not 3000 miles away in a call centre. 

This could have been resolved a week ago when I was on the phone, well I could have been resolved if the people on the other end of the phone Weren’t so dam obnoxious, rude and unhelpful. 

Mall this and you’ve put the prices up, great service guys. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi D_h_c11,

I'm going to send you a Private message asking for more details, please reply to it so I can take a look at your account.

Thanks,

Lisa_C

0 Kudos