Menu
Odwyerhome
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sony Bravia - Apps

I have the day off today so thought I would catch up on a few programs I wanted to watch.. they are not available from catch up so I tried to access the all4 app direct from my TV (sony Bravia) instead.. it points me to youview and to setup channels. I have tried this via cable as we only have virgin and the estate I live on doesn't allow an aerial to be fitted. Nothing comes up.. is something blocked? The youview is built into the TV and is supposed to work the same as a physical box and that only requires and internet connection.. itv hub and demand 5 also don't work but iPlayer does along with Netflix, Amazon prime and Google play. So is it blocked via virgin cable? Can it be unlocked? I can only cast from my mobile and the quality is poor. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Bravia - Apps

You may find the linked thread from Sony forums will answer this:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/2050716/highlight/true#...

It appears that tuning some channels (via a TV aerial) is a mandatory requirement in the setup of YouView & Freeview Freeplay online services. If the signal is strong enough in your area you may be able to use a set top aerial to do this.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Odwyerhome
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Bravia - Apps

Thanks but when we first moved in I tried with a digital aerial.. my house has concrete floors and I couldn't get a signal anywhere in any part of the house.. which is why we have to use virgin.. this is a virgin only site and there are no aerials anywhere and I haven't been able to find another provider to switch.

My TV is also huge and wall mounted so I can't easily move round the house to get a signal.

I have since read online that we can get archive content of all4 via virgin through a package upgrade as currently it is limited to 7 days.. I'm not really happy doing that as I pay enough quite frankly. I will just watch it on my tablet instead for now. 

0 Kudos