cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small white dots

Thomas2021
Tuning in

Hi there,

Seeing small white dots on all channels and have checked all connections and rebooted the TiVo box.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a photo? It may help advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EBD34EEE-EF78-4EA5-A523-B7CFB764E253.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you post a slightly clearer picture? I really have no idea what that could be, except for part of the TV picture...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

B1BD8345-1223-4950-B319-B679143DE83F.jpeg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do these show on other inputs? Do they stay in the same position all the time?

If the answer to both is yes then you have stuck pixels, which is a problem with the TV panel internals.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

The white dots are constantly moving on all channels when using the TiVo box but when I switch to the normal tv mode (not using virgin) the picture is perfect. It only started doing this about 5days ago.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do the dots show when you watch a non-broadcast channel - say OnDemand? I notice they seem to be apparent on the picture, but not on the EPG overlay.

Have you tried another HDMI input on your TV?

Or another HDMI cable? It looks like interference so could even been something near the HDMI cable causing the issue.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi Thomas2021  thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I've had a look from here, but am unable to verify if there's any possible signal issues etc that may be causing the white dots.  Have you tried the suggestions from your fellow community members?

Regards

Lee_R