Menu
Highlighted
Arrow1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slight sound drops cause banner to appear on screen

I have a V6 box connected directly to my top of the range Sony Tv. No problem on live TV but on Sky film recordings slight sound variations cause a banner to appear with info at the top of the screen.This banner does appear momentarily when I change channels but this is not problematic as I assume this is a normal info message.

On the recordings this can occur every couple of minutes and is an annoying disruption to viewing. I had my V6 box replaced and a new HDMI cable installed but the problem still occurs ( not on all recordings I might add) Any suggestions as to how this can be rectified. Thanks 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slight sound drops cause banner to appear on screen

Hi how is your hub connected to the V6 and is the TV 4K
0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What does the banner say? Sounds like it's your TV displaying it rather than the V6 box.

0 Kudos
Arrow1
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HDMI cable direct to input on the TV and yes this is a 4K top of the range Sony TV 

It is the TV that is displaying the banner as a result of small fluctuations in sound from the V6 box I would suggest

0 Kudos
Arrow1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is the TV that is displaying the banner as a result of small fluctuations in the sound output from the V6 box

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What does the banner say?

Is there a way of turning the banner off in the TV settings?

Not seen anyone else reporting this issue and as you are on your 2nd V6 box it's unlikely to be caused by a fault with the box itself.

Also, what do you mean by sound fluctuations? On/off up/down?

0 Kudos
Arrow1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sound fluctuation is more like a click and a very small reduction in volume.
Sony have shown me how to disable the banner but I would suggest this is just a fix for the effect and not the cause.
Sony also suggested that a high quality HDMI cable might fix the connectivity issue they seem to regard as the underlying problem from the V6 box to the TV. Funny how it only seems to happen on some Sky HD film recordings and not on live TV - anyway at least the banner doesn’t appear now and the sound fluctuations are not that problematic
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arrow1, thanks for messaging us. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with the service? 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Arrow1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris - as I stated in my earlier reply Sony have disabled the banner - this I feel is only eliminating the result and not the cause of you know what I mean.

i can live with what I’ve got now though albeit the cause of the problem has not been identified.

Regards

0 Kudos