cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports UHD

keyworthowl
Dialled in

I was delighted today to see that the sky sports UHD channels were on the guide (channels 532,3,4)I pressed on 532 as this was the only one that had any programming at the time, but was informed that I had to ring up to get the channel. I did ring, and was eventually put through to someone who could help me. He at first said that I didn't have the correct HDMI cable. I pointed out that I did have the correct cable as I could receive all other available UHD content. He put me on hold whilst he contacted his manager. He came back on to say that he would put me through to the technical support team to sort things out. It was 3 pm at this time, and I was surprised to be told that they were closed for the day, and to ring back another time. The whole call took 40 minutes, and I still don't have Sky sports UHD. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure if you have a TV360 or a V6, but I've moved your post to the TV board.

Take a read of https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports-UHD-anytime-soon/td-p/5073048/page/21 where the prices for these add-ons are discussed at length.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "chatter and natter" section of the forum doesn't tend to get any staff attention.

The Sky Sports UHD channels are chargeable, ontop of an existing Sky Sports HD and/or a Sky Entertainment UHD subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts. Thank you for your reply. I have the Volt Ultimate Bundle, and I was told by the 2nd person I spoke to that I should be receiving the Sky sports UHD channels at no extra charge. I initially rung up to find out how much it would cost. The first person I spoke to didn't even know that the channels were even available until I pointed out to her that they were on the guide. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure if you have a TV360 or a V6, but I've moved your post to the TV board.

Take a read of https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Sky-Sports-UHD-anytime-soon/td-p/5073048/page/21 where the prices for these add-ons are discussed at length.

I contacted customer services today and spoke to a very helpful representative called Brendant. She sorted everything for me and I can now receive Sky sports UHD. 

@keyworthowl Did you have to pay extra?

Yes. I now pay £94 instead of £85, but this was offset by having my Netflix transferred.