cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky football picture

Timcarter
Tuning in

I updated to Hub 5 a week ago and since then my picture on football in HD is a.bit blurry. Not sure how the hub.would affect the picture quality but definatly has. Anyone any advise. VIRGIN any help please. Thanks Tim

16 REPLIES 16

Hi . Yes improved picture. Many thanks. If you xould tell me how this works by selecting more input options m i would be interested.  Many thanks 

You can add 576i to allow SD content to be passed through to your TV.

There may be a fault with the box but you have an ideal workaround as it's quite often best to get the TV to do scaling. One day you will be forced onto the Horizon platform, in which case do not keep the V6, get a 360 box to replace it.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @Timcarter, thanks for your post and sorry to hear you were having picture issues.

Great to hear that with @Roger_Gooner's help, you've been able to get this fixed!

I do think it was merely a coincidence that you noticed/experienced that picture issues once this was installed, as it'd only be a factor if you experiencing problems with catch-up/on-demand or apps like Netflix for example.

For peace of mind though, I've ran some diagnostics on all your boxes and they all look absolutely great.

Please let me know though if you need any further help!

Regards

Tom_W

Hi Roger. I have TIvo box currently. What is the 360 box ?

Hi Tom

Many thanks.

Can u advise what the difference is between the Tivo box i have and the 360 box please

Thanks Tim 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tim,

The following thread explains some of the differences between a TIVO and the 360.

/360-Features-v-TIVO-Features 

There's also a great deal of information here >>> https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

VM has TiVo software running on the TiVo and V6 boxes, but this will be replaced by Horizon 4 which is developed by owner Liberty Global. The recently-released 360 and mini boxes run Horizon 4, and V6s are being migrated from TiVo to Horizon 4 with a new remote. The TiVo boxes cannot be upgraded and will be replaced with 360s (and hubs added if the customer does not have VM's broadband).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection