cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky football picture

Timcarter
Tuning in

I updated to Hub 5 a week ago and since then my picture on football in HD is a.bit blurry. Not sure how the hub.would affect the picture quality but definatly has. Anyone any advise. VIRGIN any help please. Thanks Tim

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The hub wouldn't have any impact on your TV picture, broadcast channels don't use the internet.

Just to confirm, you're only having a problem with Sky Football HD on Ch503? Blurring would normally be a TV setting in many cases. Are other football games across the sports channels similarly affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi. Only the sky football chamells. I watched a BT and also a Prime game whice is normally the worst of.all. but they were good quality. Close up pictues are fine. Only distance cameras and it seems to go a fuzzy. And as i say only noticed it when changed my hub.  You say the hub has nothing to do with it but the hub feeds the TIVO 6 BOX doesrnt it ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV channels are fed to the V6 directly through the coaxial wiring and not via the internet..

The V6 only uses the internet to populate the TV guide, and for catch up, on demand and box updates.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Timcarter,

Thanks for responding and welcome back to the community!

As stated above our broadband and TV connections are fed through different channel points.

From reviewing your account I can see you have multiple boxes, some of which have high uptime.

Would you be able to reboot your box and check to see if the cables are securely fastened into the TV box for me?

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain

As.requested re-booted. And as i say i only notice a change when i installed my hub 5. Just does not seem as clear a.picture as before. Could you run a diagnostic check for me and see what you find.

Many thanks

Tim

What's the make and model of your TV and what V6 video output settings do you have.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi 

Video output is set to 2160p

And Sony KD-85XG9505

Iif.you could advise

Many thanks

Tim 

A setting of 2160p means that the V6 is doing all the upscaling. Try these settings so that content such as HD is passed through to the TV.

• 2160p
  • 2160p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
  • 1080p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
  • 1080i
--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @Timcarter thanks for getting back to us.

Have you been able to take/follow Roger_Gooner's advice?  If so, how are things going now?

Regards

Lee_R