cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky cinema on demand saying i need to subscribe

daz_75
On our wavelength

I can play most movies fine. But some say I need to subscribe. When i click it it takes me to a page saying subscribe to sky movies. I'm ultimate oomph so I'm already subscribed. Example movie is wonder woman 1984 any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi daz_75,

have you subscribed to the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on as part of your Ultimate Oomph package?

I have the above addon as part of my UO package and Wonder Woman 1984 plays both the SD and UHD versions correctly for myself.

If you don't it's possible you've clicked on the UHD version of the movie instead of the HD version.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi daz_75,

I'm on Ultimate Oomph (Maxit TV) and I've just tried to view Wonder Woman 1984, it's asked for my PIN but allowed me to watch the film.

It could be an issue in your area ...

Have you tried rebooting the V6 ... Turn it off at the back, give it 30 seconds, then turn it back on, before trying to view the movie again? ... It can't hurt and it will rule out one option if the issue persists.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi daz_75,

have you subscribed to the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD add on as part of your Ultimate Oomph package?

I have the above addon as part of my UO package and Wonder Woman 1984 plays both the SD and UHD versions correctly for myself.

If you don't it's possible you've clicked on the UHD version of the movie instead of the HD version.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's 3 versions of this VoD film:

1: PPV "Virgin Media Store" £13.99 rental purchase

2: Sky CInema HD included in a Sky Cinema subscription

3: Sky Cinema UHD included in the UHD add-on - whether this is included in your Ultimate Oomph depends when you last re-contracted.

If you're satisfying at least scenario 2, the obvious check is to see whether you have issues with any other movies or if it's just this one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks