cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky cinema V6 uhd

pbroughton
Joining in

Hi,

My tv is not picking up sky cinema uhd even though I’m subscribed and it loads the channel.  Does anyone know what hdr format is used? (PQ, HLG etc)

It works in bbc iPlayer and Netflix via v6 so somewhat confused.  BT sport also generally works but did have issues in past.

My tv automatically adjusts brightness with uhd which it is not doing or showing a hdr format being used.  I’m on the original v6 with old remote.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no HDR on Sky Cinema UHD on VirginMedia.

@pbroughton wrote:

I get a 4K resolution but not in UHD, I would have expected a HDR format coming through to tv.

It looks like sky cinema on Demand on sky q uses HLG the same as bbc on v6.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't have any Sky UHD broadcast channels - currently the only 4K/UHD linear channels are VM-Showcase/Ultra-HD (Ch228), BT Sport Ultimate (Ch 531) & the Eurosport Olympics UHD channel on 523

The Sky Cinema UHD option is for OnDemand films and are accessed through Home > OnDemand > Movies > Sky Cinema UHD menus.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pbroughton
Joining in

Thanks for your reply I do mean sky on Demand UHD

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Great - so can you clarify what you mean by "even though I'm subscribed and it loads the channel"?

When you browse to a Sky-UHD film on VoD, you should see one of two prompts, Either "included in your package" and the ability to "watch now" or "upgrade to watch".

When did you add the Sky UHD-VoD add-on to your account? If it was in the last 24-48 hours, try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. It's primarily for broadcast channels rather than VoD, but certainly worth a try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

pbroughton
Joining in

It states I’m subscribed and was done about 4 days ago, when I put a film on via sky on Demand I would expect a hdr format to be listed when I press info button on tv as I get with Netflix and bbc.  I would also expect brightness to get automatically set to 100%.

It shows the film but I believe without UHD

i would also expect Dolby digital plus or atmos but only get Dolby digital 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the programme is playing but it's a query over the formats.

Does the TV report the incoming resolution, and if so.. what?

pbroughton
Joining in

I get a 4K resolution but not in UHD, I would have expected a HDR format coming through to tv.

There is no HDR on Sky Cinema UHD on VirginMedia.

@pbroughton wrote:

pbroughton
Joining in

I thought that was standard with UHD, thanks for the clarification.

Is it coming with 360 box?

The V6 and 360 do it fine - Sky do not provide it to VM.

@pbroughton wrote:

I thought that was standard with UHD, thanks for the clarification.

Is it coming with 360 box?