cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports

MikeHealt
Tuning in

Just added Sky Sports to my Virgin Package for the first time.I have been watching all Sky Sports channels through Now TV up till now with good quality pictures.

I am currently looking through the sports channels and they are virtually unwatchable.

The only channel that is remotely watchable is Main Event.The picture on this channel is ok when in close up but once it switches to long range the quality deteriorates.

Have contacted Virgin but no plausible explanation was given.

5 REPLIES 5

MikeHealt
Tuning in

Just added Sky Sports today.

Big mistake.Picture quality is horrendous.I have watched Sky Sports with Now TV for the last year with no issues.

Just signed up for 18 months!!!!!!

I have spoken to Virgin already and told there was an outage in my area but ALL other channels are fine.

I suppose the next action will be to try and cancel with Virgin.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain the issue you're having with the picture? Is it...

1: Pixellated & breaking up pictures - this a signal fault

2: Quality issues - in which case, are you watching in SD or HD? And what size TV screen are you watching on?

It sounds to me like point 2, but I'm guessing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Picture quality on 42" screen.

Watching in SD.Will switch to HD solve the issue.

Only MainEvent channel is watchable(just).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not surprised that viewing an SD channel on a 42inch screen gives poor PQ - upscaling can only do so much.

Having the HD add-on means you'll have a 1080i source, and you can experiment with whether to let your V6 or TV upscale to 2160.

The UHD will be extra again, to give you a 2160 source.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi MikeHealt,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As japitts has advised SD on a larger TV may be like this due to upscaling. 

You may benefit from adding the HD channels, you can speak to us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 regarding this.

Alex_Rm