cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports - poor resolution

robson567
Joining in

I just signed up for Sky Sports SD via Virgin Media. I previously used a NOW TV dongle and the SD resolution was very crisp. SS SD on VM is poor resolution. Anyone else experienced poor resolution watching Sky Sports SD via VM ? I tried to resolve via VM support and they said it was a back end tech support issue that they would resolve with SS in 24 hours - 3 days ago - still the same.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What size TV screen are you watching on? And what resolution is your V6 outputting at?

SD channels viewed on an HD TV are usually watchable, but any more than that and you'll begin to struggle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @robson567,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have been having issues with the resolution on Sky Sports.

How have things been since your post? Let us know if you are still in need of further assistance with this.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

thanks for suggestions. I got a VM engineer to come out and he confirmed that SD Sky Sports was not going to get better - to get a sharper resolution you need to go HD. Good comparison was HD free Sky Sports racing channel. I’ve traded up to HD - don’t think many people will accept resolution quality of SD Sky Sports.

cheers

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @robson567,

Thank you for the update 🙂

Please do let us know if you need anything else further down the line.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide