cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports SD picture quality

Patrickgovier
Joining in

Hi all.

• I know I only have sky sports in SD. But is the quality supposed to be this bad? You can't recognise the players, even the advertising is barely readable. It is like watching something that has not buffered. Can this be improved? Contract is up shortly and I will go for HD, but surely it's not supposed to be this bad.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What size TV screen are you viewing on? With the best upscaling, an SD picture is only going to work upto around 32inch size - anything more than that, and it will suffer.

The Sky-imposed £7/month HD add-on should really be factored in when you buy any large-screen TV these days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Patrickgovier thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your picture quality.

As @japitts has mentioned, the larger your TV is, the poorer performance Standard Definition channels will become due to the upscaling.

If you wish to add Sky Sports HD, we can support with this if you call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111, you may notice the benefits of this.

Many thanks

Tom_W