cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR on VM?

AdamAnalogue
On our wavelength

I hear that this channel has today launched as a standalone (i.e. not red button) channel on Sky. You know what's coming... does anyone know when will this channel be on VM V6?

21 REPLIES 21

so basically check the Internet for updates. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DanMck wrote:

so basically check the Internet for updates. 

And official channels at that. Anything else is just rumour mill. If the staff here do know, they are not going to break ranks as they are all bound by non-disclosure agreements. 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AdamAnalogue,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry but we dont have any launch dates for Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR on our platform at the moment, any information about this, when we have it would be shared here https://virg.in/thelatest. ^SL

Mills82
On our wavelength

That is disappointing to hear. I bet Sky won’t Virgin near it though at the minute. 

It was May 2019 when Virgin announced that Sky Sports UHD would be coming to Virgin Media customers. A few days before the start of the new Premier League season 3 years ago,a Virgin Media banner appeared on customers boxes advertising that a game between Liverpool and Leeds United would be launching Sky Sports UHD but it was quickly taken down the very next day.

Isn't it about time Virgin came clean with their customers and tell us one way or the other if Sky Sports Main Event UHD will ever launch at all?

I have renewed my services twice now on account of a Virgin employee telling me that Sky Sports UHD is "Coming very soon".. I will not be fooled again so it is most likely that when I am out of contract next year, I will move back to Sky in order to get the Sky Sports UHD service that I have been waiting over 3 years for.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It was a joint announcement between VM and Sky - it's a pity it's no further forward.

digitaltveurope.com/2019/07/18/ 

Lutz Schüler, CEO of Virgin Media said: “This expanded partnership with Sky really shows that, despite vigorous competition between us, we can join together to put viewers first. Our customers can keep enjoying a vast collection of TV shows, films and live sport but now with greater flexibility and enhanced viewing quality. With our unrivalled ultrafast broadband paired with unlimited mobile connectivity and a line-up of fantastic programming, we give our customers everything they need to experience incredible entertainment in a way that suits them.”

Stephen van Rooyen, CEO UK and Ireland, Sky said: “Thanks to this extended partnership, millions more people will now have access to hundreds of Sky boxsets and our incredible UHD content, as well as all the great Sky content they had before, from top Premier League fixtures to BAFTA-winning Sky originals. This partnership shows what can be achieved when you put the customer first and is a great example of industry collaboration.”

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sky Spoerts Main Event UHD, Sky Sports UHD 1 and 2 have launched this morningon channels 532.533 and 534 but there is no information about subscription prices,

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@trevormc wrote:
Sky Spoerts Main Event UHD, Sky Sports UHD 1 and 2 have launched this morningon channels 532.533 and 534 but there is no information about subscription prices,

£7 a month for Sky Sports UHD (on top of sky sports and HD) or £10 a month including the Ents and Cinema UHD

I think Sky have a nerve charging another £7 on top of still charging for HD which in a lot of cases is not fit for purpose. I believe Sky have made the HD football picture quality worse over the last year or 2 deliberately. If you compare Sky Sports HD with BT HD and even BBC and ITV HD coverage of the FA Cup, Sky picture quality is way behind. This is mostly visible on long camera shots, the closeup shots aren’t too bad.

Presumably Sky Sports UHD will be included within the Ultimate Volt package as we are already paying for UHD.