cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD now blurry

rickyp04
Joining in

Like many people, reporting that suddenly Sky Sports HD is blurry and doesn’t look like it did last season. I believe Sky are using UHD now for the first time and it looks like it’s effecting the quality on VM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rickyp04, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that the quality on the Sky Sports HD channel isn't what you were expecting. Before I can raise this, the first thing I need to do is check your V6 box to ensure that's all good with regards to signal levels. 

Looking today, the box is showing as unreachable. Can you please turn the box on, post back here to let us know and then leave on until we reply? This will allow us to check on the boxes power levels and signal levels to ensure they are spot on first. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ozsat
Superstar

Sky Sport have been using UHD for five years now.

I did notice that Sky Sports Arena HD looked SD on on VM today - but checked on Sky are that was the same.

@rickyp04 wrote:

Like many people, reporting that suddenly Sky Sports HD is blurry and doesn’t look like it did last season. I believe Sky are using UHD now for the first time and it looks like it’s effecting the quality on VM.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

They have launched something new for this season I’m sure. If not then why has it suddenly gone blurry for many people?

So far there’s zero solution being offered.

They launched HLG on top of their Premier League UHD service - but UHD is a different feed which VM have never carried.

Is it any particular programme?   I've got VM and Sky side-by-side to check and can not see any real difference.

Although even on Sky HD doesn't look too good after looking at UHD.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rickyp04, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that the quality on the Sky Sports HD channel isn't what you were expecting. Before I can raise this, the first thing I need to do is check your V6 box to ensure that's all good with regards to signal levels. 

Looking today, the box is showing as unreachable. Can you please turn the box on, post back here to let us know and then leave on until we reply? This will allow us to check on the boxes power levels and signal levels to ensure they are spot on first. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It’s on now, thanks Kath! Please let me know if there’s any issues etc.

Sorry rickyp04

We're only just replying now, the boxes are showing as off but no known issues with this channel. 

All fixed now? Please do let us know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill