cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports 4K on Virgin

Farrar1
On our wavelength

Good evening, 

I have asked this before but wondered if there was any update. I see that we can now get Sky Cinema channels in 4k at further cost. 

But....is there any news on when Sky Sports in 4K will arrive on Virgin Media???

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Farrar1 

Sadly there is still no more information on when it will finally be delivered by VM.

Any updates should appear on the  https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/  page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Farrar1 

Sadly there is still no more information on when it will finally be delivered by VM.

Any updates should appear on the  https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/  page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Farrar1 wrote:

I see that we can now get Sky Cinema channels in 4k at further cost.

Not quite. VM now offers Sky Cinema OnDemand in UHD, along with some other Sky Entertainment content.

The only linear broadcast UHD channels are BT Sport Ultimate & VM's in-house UHD channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just to further elaborate on the previous helpful answers. I know as mentioned that Sky Sports is not yet in the UHD line up, however just a bit more about what is and how it's progressing. Might interest a fellow insomniac or two lol !!

For me, I am an avid 4K fan to enjoy on my lovely OLED TV. The number of UHD movies from all Sky Cinema has been steadily climbing over the past few months. I actually counted a few months back when I joined, and it  was135 out of the 1000+ movies that Sky Cinema has. This morning it is now 225 movies - with virtually every new release which appears on Premiere being added with UHD availability to view.

The Entertainment selection, which can be found here on your box : On Demand>Boxsets>Ultra HD currently has 92 boxsets, with some - not much increase over the same period. It's still a fairly impressive selection though imo, and will increase with time no doubt.

Additionally some shows can be recorded which can then be viewed in UHD. An example would be The Lost Symbol on Sky Max, which doesn't appear in boxsets, but once recorded, and you go to view it...remember with this, and other potential UHD offerings, to scroll down in your recordings past 'Play HD' to 'Related videos' and it shows a streaming UHD option. If you click Play, it will simply play the recorded HD version. Click instead on Related Videos and then 'Sky Max UHD' to watch.

I know there should be a better way of the system indexing ALL UHD in one search, but for now a bit of manual checking as described above is still worthwhile - so as to not miss out on available content. Some people do not rate picture quality. I however find it in general to be extremely good - be it on films from different eras and genres, through to TV shows. Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, The Rookie, FBI, Cobra..even Hawai Five-0 (yes I know it became very silly as a show lol !!)

Likewise with 999/228 Ultra HD 'part time' channel. Just finished Season 2 of Outlander which was a huge period masterpiece in it's own right, and looked terrific after I sat down to watch it each week. Onto Amazon HD only to continue with that one though..!

Yup. I'm definitely a 4K/UHD fan I reckon :-))

KB29R
On our wavelength

The sole reason I will be terminating my VM contract in March - can’t wait for Sky Sports UHD from Sky 

nuzikdude
On our wavelength

I've said it several times. Virgin don't care about their customers and there will never be enough to leave in one go to make a difference. 

Is there still no news on this?

Really makes me regret ever signing up to Virgin, it especially makes me regret agreeing to an 18 month extension in July! As soon as I can get out of this contract, I'm going to find myself some 4K sports. 

Hi davidatennis, 

Thanks for taking the time to post here and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As it stands, we have no update on this. Once we do have news, we will pop the information here

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

^^ Rubbish reply from an absolutely rubbish company.

weebit
Joining in

Can we have an update on where Virgin is with getting sports uhd or are you not able to get uhd from sky? Paying extra each month as was told by customer services that would be soon and this was in December.

thanks