cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Showcase and Sky Max

Marjangles
On our wavelength

With the announcement this morning that Sky are closing Sky One to replace it with two new channels, Sky Showcase and Sky Max, what are the implications of this for us? Will we get both new channels at no extra charge?

None of the articles I’ve seen refer to the change’s impact on Virgin customers and I haven’t seen anything on this website discussing this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does anyone know what channel numbers in the EPG will they be on VM?

Will there also be HD and +1 variants for Sky Showcase and Sky Max on VM?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Showcase at least, looks like just a rebrand of Sky One.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Taken from https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-makes-changes-to-entertainment-portfolio-unveiling-sky-sh... 

"The channels will be available to Sky customers at no extra charge. They will also launch on streaming service NOW and on Virgin and BT. "

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for that, I had read that article but hadn’t spotted the mention of Virgin.

Be a pain having to change the relevant series links! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marjangles wrote:

Be a pain having to change the relevant series links! 

Shouldn't have to on the TiVo/V6 platform. Just make sure all your Sky One SL's are set to "all channels" - that will work now and after the channels have launched/changed.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMViewer wrote:

Sky Showcase will directly replace Sky One. Sky Max will replace Sky Replay. That's all we know so far.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

@nodrogd wrote:

@VMViewer wrote:

Sky Showcase will directly replace Sky One. Sky Max will replace Sky Replay. That's all we know so far.

Sky Replay is not being replaced. It will be continuing alongside these new channels.

There seems to be quite a significant shakeup of Sky channels if Radio Times next week is correct.

Sky Showcase - 110 (HD 109) 

Sky Max - 122 (HD 121)

Sky Comedy - 135 (HD 123)

Sky Crime - 137 (HD 136)

SyFy - 139 (HD 138)

Sky Arts - 165 (HD 140) presumably signalling the final demise of Pick

Sky Replay - 180

Sky Witness +1 - 206.

No idea where E! is off to 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VMViewer wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

@VMViewer wrote:

Sky Replay is not being replaced. It will be continuing alongside these new channels.

This has never been confirmed. All of Sky’s press releases with the new EPG numbers no longer list the channel.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-makes-changes-to-entertainment-portfolio-unveiling-sky-sh... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993