cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Movies HD poor vocals.

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

Watching the new Matrix movie on SkyPremHD this evening and the vocals are very hollow, is anyone else experiencing the same? This issue is happening more and more with Sky Movies, it is very annoying. Its only the vocals that are affected, all other audio in the movie is fine.

15 REPLIES 15

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It seems fine to me. I suspect a local problem.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I'm recording the movie again on my other V6 to see if there is any difference. Strange how only a few films are affected, the issue goes away if I change the audio from Dolby Digital to PCM so it must be something wrong on DD audio.

My V6 is permanently set to Dolby Digital as I've got the V6 plugged into my AV receiver.

It could be that your V6 has a fault but if the conversion to PCM works every time then that's fine.

--

PCM is not good as I also have the V6 connected to my AVR.

In that case call VM.

--

Don't think I want to go through with calling VM on an issue like this. Apart from telling me to reboot the V6 there's pretty much nothing else the VM reps can do. I will just live with it.

A tech could be sent to investigate, costs you nothing.

--

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @NinjaMeerkat,

Thanks for your post. I've ran some checks on our end on your equipment and I can see your TV Box has been online for a significant period of time. Can you please try performing a reboot and seeing if this improves the sound quality?

How is the sound when it isn't connect to your sound bar system? Is this issue just being seen on Sky Movies?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Watching the new Matrix movie on SkyPremHD this evening and the vocals are very hollow, is anyone else experiencing the same? This issue is happening more and more with Sky Movies, it is very annoying. Its only the vocals that are affected, all other audio in the movie is fine.

Are you watching via linear broadcast, recorded or OnDemand? Is there any difference between the 3?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks