cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Arts.

ditto
On our wavelength

Enjoyed Sky Arts for many months. Now greyed out on EPG. Why? Can't believe it's been removed from my package? What's going on?

5 REPLIES 5

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it sounds like you are on a package that doesn't automatically include it but it has been included for a limited period, as I have it currently working OK. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV package are you on? Different channels are in different packages. Also are you trying to watch the SD channel or HD?

Check the TV channel guide at the bottom of this page 

Sky Arts SD should be in all packages, Sky Arts HD is only in Maxit/Full-House bundles.

If you're missing a channel that you should have, you can try refreshing the EPG using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ditto
On our wavelength

Thanks for that. You gave me enough clues to investigate further and discover that Sky Arts SD has moved from 123 to 165. And yes, all packages should have access to it even my humble Player package. However I would need to be a mind reader to just know that without a deal of running around the system. Must be a better method of alerting customers to these sort of changes (are you listening VM?)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ditto,

There's details of the channel changes and also an up to date channel guide on this page

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

EDIT

I also received an email regarding the changes. You should have you received an email about the changes unless you've turned off marketing, or not updated https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index  with new contact .details.

The email may also have gone into your spam/junk folder.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

All the Sky channel number changes were outlined on a full screen graphic accessed from the tiles that show along the top of the Guide screens on Tivo and V6 boxes.

The tiles show various things, not the same thing at all times, so it wouldn't appear every time the user is in the Guide. Though it did appear pretty regularly for me.

Sky swapping around the order of the SD and HD versions didn't help. When Sky Arts went Free-To-Air Sky made it more prominent on various TV platforms, but with the "new" channels this prominence has been lost again. It even got significantly demoted on Sky's own Satellite platform with the latest change to their line-up.