cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silver terminator cap placement

JackH712
Joining in

Hi there,

I've downgraded my package from TV and broadband to only broadband. I have unplugged the box from all the cables however I am confused as to where the silver terminator cap should be placed without disconnecting the router.

Both the hub and TV box are connected to a split box, which is then connected to an isolated power inserter, then finally connected to the mains plug. I can't see how I can disconnect anything without keeping the correct cable connecting to the hub. 

I attempted to upload photos however this forum doesn't seem to let me upload them from my phone 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JackH712 wrote:

I attempted to upload photos however this forum doesn't seem to let me upload them from my phone 

When you're composing a message on this forum, use this option to upload photos...

japitts_0-1653419860545.png

All images need to be manually approved before they're publicly visible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi JackH712,

Without seeing an actual picture of what you have I would assume the cable from your V6 box goes to a splitter so when you remove the cable from the splitter you should be able to attach the termination to the splitter.

Hi there,

I attempted to do this but it stated the file was too big and I am unable to reduce it at this time. 

Thanks though 

As there is no file I would post pictures of what you have, also where did you see this message ?

It comes up across the screen whenever I attempt to upload a photo.

Sorry JackH712,

I thought you were responding to my message not japitts message, you need to reduce the resolution of the picture you are uploading.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JackH712,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our forums 🙂

I apologise that you're not sure where to place the Terminator Cap. As mentioned by @roy247, a standard setup would include a splitter shortly after the single cable from the wall socket. 

Please find a diagram below of a standard setup, I've circled in red where your cap would need to be placed.

Please let me know if your setup is any different to this so we can assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ