Menu
Carlpov10
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sibilance issues

I have hissing s's or sibalance from my virgin v6 box. I have 2 TVs and it does it on both. I have a Sony bar on one but it's still there. Had an engineer round twice but he cant help. They say they are emailing the guy who built the box. Anybody else had this problem? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sibilance issues

Hi Carlpov10,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting hissing from the V6 box and it's still continuing after the engineer visits. 

How long have you had the V6 for? Has it been replaced at any point?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Carlpov10
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Virgin was only installed in may 8th. Had sky before. Both boxes have a sound issue. Really quite tinny and harsh sounding. I've improved the sound slightly with a soundbar and setting it to music. I think with a graphic equalizer you could take the top end down...but I don't have that facility 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The V6 box can make a bit of noise, but this shouldn't be anything too excessive;

Do you know anyone else with a V6 box that you can compare it with?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Carlpov10
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No not really, 

I think I may have to cancel my services as there is no way to rectify the problem 

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can you not adjust the treble in the sound menu of the TV?

0 Kudos
Carlpov10
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No.dont have that option.

I have a Sony sound bar and have tried all the settings. It's better on some but always the s's and fs distort

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Most noticable in modern day TV's is great picture quality but poor sound, sound quality hasn't caught up to the video improvements in past years. I have a rather aging Plasma TV but it has a sound menu to adjust bass and treble, virtual surround, speech and music and a sound quality which I think is a lot better than a lot of modern TV's sound reproduction. So when you're buying a new TV don't just look at the picture quality, ask to get a demonstration of how it sounds and see if it suits your hearing.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

Most noticable in modern day TV's is great picture quality but poor sound, sound quality hasn't caught up to the video improvements in past years. I have a rather aging Plasma TV but it has a sound menu to adjust bass and treble, virtual surround, speech and music and a sound quality which I think is a lot better than a lot of modern TV's sound reproduction. So when you're buying a new TV don't just look at the picture quality, ask to get a demonstration of how it sounds and see if it suits your hearing.

Or get a sound bar

Carlpov10
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 boxes and tvs. Its noticeable in both. 1 is 5 yrs old and the other brand new. It must be the feed or signal as never had an issue with my older 1 when used with Sky. Moved to a new address where virgin was already here so thought I would go with them. Their engineers and customer service has been so much better then sky's, just a shame about the signal. I signed up for the broadband, phone, TV in the top VIP package. But will now leave. Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos