cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the Sky Cinema Collection also include Sky Cinema on Demand?

DebbieDM
Tuning in

Hi - I have had the Sky Cinema Collection for years. We mainly use the on demand service to watch the movies rather than the live showings. Today the on demand won't let me watch any movies, and is telling me to upgrade and subscribe to watch. Checked the latest bill and we still have the package, plus all the live Sky Cinema channels are working. Spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Virgin, who seemed to not understand what I was talking about, and then told me that Sky Cinema On Demand was a subscription service separate to the Sky Cinema I'm already paying for. This sounded like nonsense, so I asked when it was introduced - they didn't know. Looking at Virgin promotional stuff for Sky Cinema, it clearly states that '1000s of films are available on demand' with Sky Cinema. I was talking to a nice man but he couldn't help, and now I've no idea where to go next!

23 REPLIES 23

hammersmith69
Tuning in

Hi

I'm subscribed to Sky Cinema and when I try to watch a film through the On Demand library, the interface tells me I need to subscribe/upgrade to do so. This is not the case as the subscription is meant to include access to the On Demand library. How can this be fixed and how do I get a refund for the outage?

Thanks.

H

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hammersmith69 

I've moved your post to another thread where the same thing's being discussed.

When did your issue start? And can you confirm ability to view the Sky Cinema linear channels from 401 upwards?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts, thanks for your reply.

The issue started Saturday. I could view Sky Cinema linear channels from 401 upwards.

Following someone's advice further up, I was able to turn off the internet and the V box at the same time and resolve the problem last night, so if anyone else is having the same issue, perhaps this will work.

Cheers

H

sounds
Dialled in

Hi,

I subscribe to Sky Movies HD and have 2 V6 boxes. Today I have tried to watch an on demand film on the 2nd box and its asked me to subscribe? Whilst on the main box its shows I'm subscribed.

Has something suddenly changed or is this a fault?

thanks in advance 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sounds 

The posts above yours in this combined thread are discussing the same issue you've reported. If only one of your 2 x V6 boxes are affected, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now, on the affected box first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks but alas it did not work!

roman930
Just joined

Recently added sky cinema, has anyone else come across this? Weirdly it was working the other day as I watched a film on demand. Nothing has changed with the subscription since

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What didn't work? The "connect to VM services now" or the disconnect/reconnect mentioned further up?

What you suggested... 

@sounds The posts above yours in this combined thread are discussing the same issue you've reported. If only one of your 2 x V6 boxes are affected, try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now, on the affected box first.

Hi Sounds.

Grabbing at straws here to try and help you out as I had a movie night planned Saturday only for it to be ruined by a similar issue i.e. On Demand movies telling me I needed to subscribe.

I know this sounds cliched for any tech issue. Try turning off both V6 boxes and Wi-Fi hub at mains for 30 seconds and MAKE SURE you aren’t recording anything or have anything planned to record before doing so.

Turn your 1st box and Wi-Fi hub back on. Wait until it’s fully rebooted, then try turning on 2nd box.

Like I said grasping at straws, but fingers crossed for you.