cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious error on DVR

Kitch1
Joining in

All of sudden yesterday the tv screen went blank and we had an image of an arrow pointing into a box then it started going into a start up loop so we get the ‘Welcome’ page then it goes off and starts again. Rang Virgin last night they said it was the cable and they’d send me a replacement but this morning it’s started showing ‘The DVR has detected a serious problem’ message on a green background then goes to welcome page etc. and whole cycle starts again.

With this new message I’m thinking it may be the V6 box itself don’t want to wait up to 5 days for a cable to then establish it’s the box, all the while paying for a service I am unable to access.

Can anyone assist me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to say, but the green "DVR has detected an error" message means your box's hard drive has failed and will need replacing.

There's 2 ways you can report this...

Calling in - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose "I have a fault"

Wait on here for VM staff to respond, this might take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to say, but the green "DVR has detected an error" message means your box's hard drive has failed and will need replacing.

There's 2 ways you can report this...

Calling in - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose "I have a fault"

Wait on here for VM staff to respond, this might take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kitch1,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have been getting a DVR error.

I located your account and I can see you have contacted us since posting this, please let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide