cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link failing

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

I have had Emmerdale on series link for years. I changed series link when ITV HD moved to 103.  It has worked fine, until the last couple of weeks.

I go into my programs and Emmerdale isn't recording.  I look at TV guide and there is no red circle and it's just not recording.  If I look at the next episode, it has the series link symbol next to it.

Then, the same thing happens to that episode.

I've tried cancelling the series link and setting it up again but it's still happening.

There are no recording hiccups against it, because it's like the V6 box doesn't know it needs to record it!

Any ideas??? 

30 REPLIES 30

Good Morning @chrissy_foster, can you confirm if the episode of Emmerdale recorded last night?

I know you've said you don't keep many recordings, but does this perhaps reach around the 25 episodes mark? Does changing the number of recordings perhaps help resolve the issue with this Series Link?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

Both episodes recorded, because I had to set them to record manually. 

And no, the most episodes in 'my shows' at anyone time for most of my series links is two.  It never gets to 25.

Thanks

Do please continue to monitor the issue with the series link for the time being. If any faults are found with this series link, or with other series links, we'll be able to take another look into this for you moving forward

Please avoid manual recordings for the time being (thankfully these can still be viewed on the ITV Hub) whilst you're able to monitor the series link fault

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps also try setting a few other SLs for other ITV programmes, purely for testing purposes. See how they behave.

Once you've set a manual recording of any specific episode, that will override the SL and will complicate this. So keep the manual recording for when you spot that (for whatever reason) the episode is due for broadcast within the next couple of hours and isn't scheduled.

If you do happen to miss any episode, you can load your EPG (TV Guide), scroll back in time to the programme in question, press "OK", "Watch from CatchUp" which currently has a 30day expiry for ITV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have quite a few SLs.  As far as I am aware, they are all working fine.

A few months ago, I hgad an issue with House of Games, a BBC2 HD SL.

Even when I had watched all recorded episodes and deleted everything in the folder, one episode stayed in the my shows list.  It was an old episode and if you clicked on it, there was no details and nothing to play and it woukdnt delete... It would go through the motions of deleting, but would still be there on the list .  This problem was there for a couple of months, an old episode would just reappear in the list, but you couldn't play or delete it.

This rectified itself at some point and is not happening at the moment.

So I think there us definitely something wrong with the v6 box? 

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

I have quite a few SLs.  As far as I am aware, they are all working fine.

A few months ago, I hgad an issue with House of Games, a BBC2 HD SL.

Even when I had watched all recorded episodes and deleted everything in the folder, one episode stayed in the my shows list.  It was an old episode and if you clicked on it, there was no details and nothing to play and it woukdnt delete... It would go through the motions of deleting, but would still be there on the list .  This problem was there for a couple of months, an old episode would just reappear in the list, but you couldn't play or delete it.

This rectified itself at some point and is not happening at the moment. So I think there us definitely something wrong with the v6 box?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissy_foster wrote:

This rectified itself at some point and is not happening at the moment. So I think there us definitely something wrong with the v6 box?

There's an error somewhere in the way your box's software is handling these SLs. There's a few more software-based things that can be tried before we go nuclear here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

So... Just looking forward on my TV guide..

Emmerdale is on series link up until Thursday 15 July. Then on Friday 16 July, the series link has disappeared again. 

Thurs 15

IMG_20210706_211659.jpg

 friday 16

IMG_20210706_211142.jpg

 its so frustrating!!!!!! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you try the suggestion I made in post-18, as an experiment...

Change channel from ITV-HD, to "all", and the "record in HD" flag to "always". You should capture repeats on any of the ITV spin-off HD channels, but it'll be worth trying.

Do you have any other series links on ITV - are they working ok, or is it only this one that's playing up?

The EPG metadata looks ok at first glance, and my test SL still works ok. My suggestion above for tweaking the SL settings would be a very interesting test.

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

Change channel from ITV-HD, to "all", and the "record in HD" flag to "always". You should capture repeats on any of the ITV spin-off HD channels, but it'll be worth trying.

Yes.. I changed this last week

IMG_20210707_070809.jpg

 all other SLs are working fine