cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link failing

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

I have had Emmerdale on series link for years. I changed series link when ITV HD moved to 103.  It has worked fine, until the last couple of weeks.

I go into my programs and Emmerdale isn't recording.  I look at TV guide and there is no red circle and it's just not recording.  If I look at the next episode, it has the series link symbol next to it.

Then, the same thing happens to that episode.

I've tried cancelling the series link and setting it up again but it's still happening.

There are no recording hiccups against it, because it's like the V6 box doesn't know it needs to record it!

Any ideas??? 

30 REPLIES 30

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrissy_Foster, 

Keep us posted on this and I hope you get to watch this weeks Emmerdale 🙂

Zoie

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All of this weeks episodes of Emmerdale and Coronation Street are now available on the ITV Hub app prior to them being broadcast on the linear channels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So series link has been ok all week. Emmerdale recorded as planned.. Now tonight, Thursday, its disappeared off my planned recordings again and is not set to record tonight or tomorrow.. This isn't right!! 

IMG_20210701_175839.jpg

IMG_20210701_175816.jpg

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

Here are the series link set up options.

IMG_20210701_181708.jpg

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

This series link has worked all week until tonight and again, it's disappeared off my planned recordings and is no longer set to record tonight or tomorrow.

This isn't right. 

IMG_20210701_175839.jpg

IMG_20210701_175816.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've set an SL using the exact same options as you, and it's scheduling those episodes, so something's awry with yours.

1: Go into recording hiccups, do the episodes show in there?

2: Do the episodes show in your EPG as "first aired" today? This covers off outdated or rogue EPG data.

3: Your SL is set to keep at most 25 episodes - do you have 25 already recorded? The recycle bin doesn't count.

Try toggling "include" to be recordings only. It shouldn't matter, but let's try.

And naturally, set a manual recording if none of this works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I delete all episodes after watching and I only ever have a couple of recordings kept in my shows at any one time.

They do not appear in hiccups at the moment, as the episode isn't starting till 7pm.

I've just tried to 'include recordings only' and they still haven't set to record.

I am going to have to record manually.  But what can I do about this?

Is it worth trying to get my v6 box changed? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissy_foster wrote:

Is it worth trying to get my v6 box changed? 

Although that might resolve it, that's a bit of an extreme stage, especially if this is the only SL you have issues with.

One combination of options worth another try is..

Change channel from ITV-HD, to "all", and the "record in HD" flag to "always". You should capture repeats on any of the ITV spin-off HD channels, but it'll be worth trying.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

But I shouldn't have to do that, when I have a series link set up for their main itv chamnel?

There is no reason for these episodes to suddenly disappear off my series link... Yet Mondays episode is still on the series link and in planned recordings.

It may only be happening with one SL but it could easily start with others and I pay far too much money for this privilege!!! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrissy_foster wrote:

But I shouldn't have to do that, when I have a series link set up for their main itv chamnel?

Indeed. It's called troubleshooting! The TiVo software at least gives you different options to achieve the same end result.

@chrissy_foster wrote:

It may only be happening with one SL but it could easily start with others

If it starts happening with others, then post here and we'll take a look. Let's not look for problems that aren't there.