cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link failing

chrissy_foster
On our wavelength

I have had Emmerdale on series link for years. I changed series link when ITV HD moved to 103.  It has worked fine, until the last couple of weeks.

I go into my programs and Emmerdale isn't recording.  I look at TV guide and there is no red circle and it's just not recording.  If I look at the next episode, it has the series link symbol next to it.

Then, the same thing happens to that episode.

I've tried cancelling the series link and setting it up again but it's still happening.

There are no recording hiccups against it, because it's like the V6 box doesn't know it needs to record it!

Any ideas??? 

30 REPLIES 30

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If these are past episodes, then I'd suggest looking in your "Recording Hiccups" (under the Home > My shows menu) which will show all failed recordings together with the reason.

Which episodes of Emmerdale are not showing to record, that you think should be? The EPG data looks good to me, although I can see some errors with Coronation Street that could cause some dropped recordings. (I'll pass those on)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, as I said, nothing appears in the hiccups as its like it is, acting as though it was never set to record.

It has happened with the last 3 episodes of emmerdale. As I said, I reset the series link when it happened the other night.  Tonight's episode had a series link against it as I checked.. Then I went to my programs at 19:10 to start watching tonight's and it wasn't recording no red dot, nothing. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I set a test SL while drafting my previous reply and it behaved as expected.

If you have manually cancelled any individual episode from being set to record, the TiVo software will remember that and not re-schedule that episode regardless of reset SL, changed settings or anything. I don't think you've done this from the sounds, but worth mentioning.

Are you saying that episodes from the past week failed to record? Those should certainly be in the hiccups, even if the episode was scheduled to record but was pulled from the schedule - in this scenario IIRC they show as greyed out.

There's certainly no national/wider issue with the EPG data otherwise it would affect multiple customers, so there's something particular with your box or SL setting that's causing this. Is it picking up all the expected episodes for the next 14 days?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

I haven't deleted any recordings.... As I wanted them to record.

I first noticed on the first Sunday of the football week, where emmerdale was put on to compensate missing episodes in the week.. I realised that series link hadn't picked it up so set to record manually.  I went to watch it about 15 minutes in and it wasn't recording.  No 'failed to record' or "partial" it just hadn't started to record.

So I checked series link and saw that the next episode was series linked OK...

So I put it down to a blip, but then it's not recorded other episodes since.

Tonight I have rebooted my v6 box and cancelled series link and set it up again.  The next episode us Tuesday so I will see if that records. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can view scheduled recordings via Home > My Shows > My planned recordings.

If they're not showing, post up your Series Link settings to compare.

Yes, the episodes in question had also disappeared from my planned recordings

But series link was still active

Like I said, I have rebooted the machine and reset the series link and I will see what happens to Tuesday's episode. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I realise it's not the same as recording, but you can use the ITV Hub to catch up on the episodes you've missed.

An added bonus for soap fans with the ITV Hub this week has been the ability to watch episodes of Emmerdale and Coronation Street before they are screened on TV. 

I'm not sure if that will be the same going forward over the next few weeks whilst the Euro's are on.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although remember "ITV Hub" can mean different things.....

The ITV-branded streaming app

ITV CatchUp/OnDemand programmes, accessed via the EPG but with "ITV Hub" branding.

If @chrissy_foster wants to post their SL settings, I for one am happy to compare them with known working ones and/or spot any issues.

Edited: Even if you have issues with the SL, a manual recording set from the EPG directly will override everything.

Like I said, I will have to wait till Tuesday to see if same thing happens.  It is in scheduled programmes to be recorded at the moment ..

I will check each day, to see if it disappears like it has done this week and I will let you know. 

IMG_20210626_161456.jpg