cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link on one V6 box but not the other

John_Co
Tuning in

I have two V6 boxes: one in the Living Room and one in a Bedroom.

I tried to record the forthcoming series (Series 2) of Vintage Voltage, which begins at 21:00 on Thursday January 27 on Quest HD, but I did not get the Recording symbol in the Guide, and when I check My Planned Recordings, nothing shows up for January 27. If I look in Manage Series Link+ I see the item as the last in the list but it is dim as if there are no matching instances coming up, which is clearly not the case.

If I record it on the Bedroom box everything works fine, so unless the two boxes have different guides, it does not look like a guide issue.

I have tried rebooting the Living Room box and then adding the recording again, but it still does not work.

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The episode you've listed was first aimed 28/12/2021, so any V6 or TiVo that's only set to record "new only" won't pick this up.

"New & re-runs" or "record everything" will schedule this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That makes sense but does not explain why the initial attempt to record did not work as I was not aware of this setting until after the first attempt failed.

I deleted the recording and tried again the following day and got a different outcome: this time the recording in the list of all Series Link recordings was not dim but it was starting with episode 2. I could not see episode 2 in the guide as the guide only went up to the day before, so I don't know if the box just assumed it was new.

I edited this Series Link and changed the setting to include re-reuns and now it is starting with episode 1 so I think I have finally got what I originally intended.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you manually cancel a scheduled recording, then the SL will remember that and not schedule that episode again. Equally if you alter the SL settings after the first showing of a programme, then those amended settings will take effect for any repeats.

With a series like that's not technically new, then using "new & reruns" is a good option. In TiVo-software recording logic, the "first-aired-date" is fundamental.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi there @John_Co

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the Community Forums! 

A big thank you to @japitts for their help and guidance here, have you been able to sort the issue with your recording now? 

Thank you.

I have got this particular recording sorted out now but I don't understand why the original recording did not work.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check under Home > My Shows > Recording Hiccups for the reason.

Recording Hiccups is not relevant as it only shows recordings that (should) have happened. It does not show future recordings.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John_Co wrote:

Recording Hiccups is not relevant as it only shows recordings that (should) have happened. It does not show future recordings.

Indeed so. From your post-6 above... " I don't understand why the original recording did not work" - the original recording should be listed in Recording Hiccups.

If you read my original post again, you will see that the original recording is this coming Thursday.