Menu
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Series Link failures

what a scunner!. I set a series link for Taken but it only recorded 2 episodes of the first series and 1 random episode of series 2. I tried to set a bookmark but although there is a button for moving the whole series that function does not work so it looks like I will have to move them all individually. cancelled the series link and bookmarks because I was that annoyed.

I also set a series link for fear the walking dead and it only recorded 5 of the 6 episodes so I don't know how series 1 ended. I have bookmarked the missing episode. hopefully it will be available soon.

I wonder if there is something wrong with my box? or is it something I've done wrong? how good is the bookmark function? how long do I have to wait until my programmes become available?

it's not like I could depend on the catch up service either, not if today is anything to go by. looked at the ITV hub earlier and there was no programmes from Wednesday available, the day wasn't even in the menu! that's why I record things.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link failures

Hi there petersladdie, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with this.

Just to confirm when these programmes are on is the box also on/in standby mode?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes Nathan. The box would have been on or in standby.
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

One of the places to check is Home > My Shows > Recording Hiccups, this will ID each and every potential recording and why it wasn't done - see if you can find the failed programs in there, and see what the reason is.

The other thing, not having checked each of your examples, were they new episodes ("first aired") or reruns? That's where your series link settings come into play - record new only, new & reruns, or everything.

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

thanks japitts. just checked the hiccups and it only goes back to the 18th of Jan. these recordings were set last year. I usually set the options for new only.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the extra info.

It may have been a problem with the program info/guide, though more often than not the reason for errors with series-links are communicated via Recording Hiccups - if this occurs again please check there, if there's no valid reason then please get back to us as there could be a fault or error that needs looking into further.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

last night I discovered that Taken series 1 is being aired on the Paramount channel so I have set a series link for everything on all channels and so far so good. looks like I will get to watch it after all.

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

further to my previous problems I am now unable to set a series link for Designated Survivor on Paramount HD. It says that I have done it but it does not show up in planned recordings unless I set a manual record. I have noticed that in the folder both series of the programme are available on Netflix but I cannot watch those as I do not subscribe to that streaming service. I have read similar messages from other users on this forum. perhaps it does warrant someone investigating it. I know that I have done all the usual things like rebooting everything, swearing and shouting at it, but it seems that it just does not want to do as it its told!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As this program is an old one, are you completely sure that you have it set to ‘new & reruns’ and to ‘recordings only’ as a series link I set had no difficulty in scheduling these programs?

6E35BAD9-020E-4879-B79D-AD242958D5CF.png

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, thanks. I had it set for new & reruns, recordings and that lined up the Netflix ones. so I changed it to recordings & streaming, record everything on all channels and it still did not take
0 Kudos