cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link Glitch

Marble
Tuning in

Hi, I've been noticing on and off for a while that when I have a series link on the go for the new shows, it doesn't always record them all.

The latest one is for Celebrity SAS. I have it on SL for new shows, yet it was not on my planned recordings for tonight but it did record the last few new ones. I had to do it manually.

Is there a reason why this may be happening?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, the specific example of SAS has already been asked by someone this morning - see here - that's a guide error, but there's a few workarounds if you have a TiVo or V6 box.

If you see recording or series-link errors, feel free to post specific examples here and we can see if they are guide errors (which can be reported and usually fixed) or if there's something awry going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, the specific example of SAS has already been asked by someone this morning - see here - that's a guide error, but there's a few workarounds if you have a TiVo or V6 box.

If you see recording or series-link errors, feel free to post specific examples here and we can see if they are guide errors (which can be reported and usually fixed) or if there's something awry going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Sorry, I missed that on the search.

Thank you. I don't see any errors but at least now I know why it's happening.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Marble 

It's a strange one. On the 360 the correct episode is showing for tonight at 9pm and also the +1 version at 10pm..

If I go to the program and click on the title I'm given the option to Record, however it's also available to watch now just below the record option.

I can't check All4 on the 360 as that app won't be on the 360 until Thursday 21 October.

I checked the All 4 app on the normal terrestrial TV and it isn't on there yet.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting - that suggests the underlying EPG error has been corrected. If it's corrected on 360, the TiVo/V6 EPG shouldn't be too far behind.

Check the timings of your network connections under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

Once the EPG is updated, the first time your box connects afterwards, should load the corrected guide. This happens automatically every 6 hours, or you can force a manual connection anytime using "Connect to Virgin Media services now"