cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending my box back

Tankspringo
Joining in

Hi, I have cancelled my TV package, but still have an Internet package. I am not sure which cables I need to send back as there is a white cable going from the aerial port into a splitter, which splits off into my Internet and into the TV box. Will I loose my Internet if I detach these cables? Or can I simply take out the splitter and plug the cable straight from the aerial port into the Internet box? 

I have the power cable which I can send back, do I also need to send the HDMI cable back? 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you received any specific instructions that VM want the cabling back?

The V6 itself and power cables I completely understand. But I've not known them want the cabling back - if anything, it would be the opposite as this makes any future install (by yourself or future residents) that bit easier.

Edited to add that you may need to cap the unterminated co-ax to avoid inducing RF noise into your remaining services and those of your neighbours. Others are more familiar with that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

You can remove the splitter and connect straight to the hub, you would only need the coax terminator if you leave the splitter and cable connected. I would keep the splitter and cable as japitts suggested just in case you switch back.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Tankspringo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

You would only need to send back the V6 box and the power cable, we wouldn't need you to return anything else to us.

We can arrange for a terminator to be sent out to you, if the team haven't done that for you already. Please let us know if you dont get the cap with the returns packaging.

Regards,

Steven_L