cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second box not working - C219 error

EHumph
Joining in

Hi,

I was recently sent a second box as part of my subscription (when I joined I wasn't aware I had a second box as part of my deal but when renewing I was informed I should have had one and it was sent to me).

I have just tried to install it in my second room. There is a co-axial connection in the wall which I connected the box to. 

When I get through the installation process when it says verifying info I get the C219 error message. I have checked the cables and all are connected appropriately. I have tried several times and rebooted the box etc but still get the error message. 

Am I missing something? When the engineer first came to install the first box and broadband I remember there were a lot of issues with the cabling/connections so I have no idea if the connection in the second room is actually active or not.

Thanks for any help offered. 

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Zach_R please see above 

Hi EHumph,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've had a look at your account and your secondary box is coming up as 'unreachable' so there's definitely no connection being made. Without seeing your set up, it's possible that the connections are correct but there is no live service coming through the isolator plate, or whether you don't have the right equipment.

I think it's best we arrange an engineer visit for you so we can get this rectified for you. I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and get this arranged for you.

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EHumph,

Thanks for confirming your details for me. 

I have arranged the next available engineer visit for you on your account. To view and manage your appointment time slot, please sign into your My Virgin Media account here.

Do let us know how the visit goes and if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. I am unable to see the appointment time from the link you provided but I have had a text message confirming it 

thanks

Evan

Glad to hear this @EHumph.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@beth_g and @Akua_A

engineer came yesterday and solved the problem. I needed a new line installed and also a new second box. The engineer was brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. I was very impressed he had another box with him and was able to do it all in one visit. Other providers I have been with previously  would have needed several visits to diagnose the problem and then come back with the various parts. The engineer had everything needed and resolved the problem on the day. I will be providing positive feedback about the engineer as he was excellent.

thanks for your help and arranging a visit within a couple of days of flagging this issue.

great service! 

Hi EHumph,

Hope you had a nice weekend! 

Thanks so much for the update, I'm pleased to hear that the engineer was able to resolve the issue with your box swiftly and you've been satisfied with the experience you've had overall.

If you have any issues or need anything else in future, please don't hesitate to let us know from here. We're always more than happy to help.

All the best

Beth

Beth