cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sd skysport picture quality live and recordings

Rank172
Tuning in

Every time I watch sky sports the picture quality is really poor, like analogue quality. Is this just the quality you get from sky sports or is this a fixable issue? I have no problem with any other channel. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

johnhb61
Tuning in

I have the same problem but just ch 512 (sky sports premier league). Ch 513 is fine in the sd picture quality, lets say 480p, but ch 512 is 360p at best and this is for at least a day now.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rank172 

Do you have Sky Sports HD, or Sky Sports SD?

Is it all Sky Sports channels or just certain ones?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave.

It's just sky sports and it's in sd. 

I've rebooted the box, deleted most recordings, checked my HDMI connection, the Internet is working fine so I can't get my head around why it's so bad. I've just watched a match and now I have a banging headache. 

What's the make and model of your TV?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

LG webOS TV

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Viewing SD channels on anything bigger than a 32inch (IMO) TV is likely to result in poor PQ, that's for sure.

There's only so much upscaling of an SD picture you can do, before the restricted resolution starts to be shown up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep. I get that, but why is it every other sd channel is fine. When watching football on BBC sd, I struggle to see the difference between HD and SD. 

Where are you watching BBC in SD?

Not from the same box as Sky Sports SD?

@Rank172 wrote:

Yep. I get that, but why is it every other sd channel is fine. When watching football on BBC sd, I struggle to see the difference between HD and SD. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

johnhb61
Tuning in

I have the same problem but just ch 512 (sky sports premier league). Ch 513 is fine in the sd picture quality, lets say 480p, but ch 512 is 360p at best and this is for at least a day now.

Could not agree more. This isn't a technical fault, it a way to get people to fob out for HD. I cannot fault  VM but anything to do with Sky seems to cost, HD should be standard now.