cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps going blank

Gary651
Tuning in

Had this issue for ages now. 
When watching anything through V6 box, including any apps, it will be ok but then the picture goes of for a second or two. This goes on from anywhere between 30 seconds put to 2-3 mins. 
It can be fine for a few days then all of a sudden it starts again.

Was promised a new box when I change my package ages ago but never got one and was told I wasn’t down for one, (typical virgin customer service). 
Hoping someone knows how to fix this because I’m fed up with it. All leads have been checked and new hdmi cable put in but still keeps happening.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does altering the video output resolution have any impact on this issue?

@Gary651 wrote:

Was promised a new box when I change my package ages ago but never got one and was told I wasn’t down for one, (typical virgin customer service).

Looking at your previous post, part of someone elses thread, you mention about a 360 box. Be very careful what you wish for here - opinions about 360 vary wildly. It's a completely different software platform to TiVo/V6, it may solve the issues you have but that's far from guaranteed. And it may open other cans of worms that are best left kept shut.

To put it differently - if you do convert to 360, do so with open eyes and on an informed basis, because you can't go back if you either don't like it, or it doesn't solve your issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tried everything, even the video output.
Any box would be better than this one.
As an example of how annoying it is, this morning it didn’t go off at all then I watched the Utd match today and it went off 14 times, the wife just watched a movie after it and it went off 7 times for her. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Gary651,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your TV Box.

Have you checked to make sure no cables are damaged? Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As I mentioned in the original post, all leads have been checked and new hdmi cable put in.

Hi @Gary651,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If so, have you tried performing a factory reset of the box yet to see if that helps at all? Here's how: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R

Yeah I’ve tried that. It’s just so annoying, sometimes you think
it’s ok because it doesn’t do it for a few days but then all of a
sudden it starts again.

Thanks

Hi Gary651, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

I've taken a look at your account to see if there is anything obviously wrong with the box but it's coming back as unreachable currently. 

I think the best thing to do here is to book an engineer to come and take a look at things however you should be aware that should the engineer find the issue is to do with the HDMI cable or your TV then you may be billed £25 for the visit. 

I will need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Gary651,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs