Menu
CraigM
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Screen goes black

Hi,

I’ve seen similar issues posted on the forum and net about issues with the  screen going black. This has been happening on and off now for a few months. I have a V6 box and a 4K Samsung TV. It didn’t do it when I first got the TV but has now started doing it all the time on both recorded and live TV. 

I am running the latest TV firmware, changed hdmi cable, rebooted the box etc. Resolution is set to the highest 2160p and I have tried numerous other setting changes. The issue is intermittent and if I restart the box it behaves for a while and then returns again. This must be an issue with the V6 Virgin box as it doesn’t happen when using other sources like Xbox, BBC iPlayer from TV etc.

Has anyone figured out what is actually causing the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen goes black

Hi @CraigM and thanks for your post,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing an issue with your V6 box picture blanking out. Apologies also for the delay in responding following a busy period.

Although other customers have experience similar difficulties, this is not currently a known issue issue with the box so if this is still happening it would be best to get in touch with our support team for help.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 2. Lines are open between 8am and midnight, 7 days a week.

You can find full details of our fault reporting procedure here: https://virg.in/faults.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos