cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung universal remote & new V6 box

KFarm
On our wavelength

Hi guys

I've just had my V6 replaced, prior to this my Samsung universal remote controlled the V6 perfectly with 100% functionality. However, since using the new V6 I do not have the same functionality on my universal remote.

I have experienced 2 problems (only one at any given time but it changes between the 2 depending on how I set it up). 

I either can't pause the TV like I used to be able to (pressing the play/pause button to bring up the UI then pressing pause)... Or... The back button only works as a hard exit to live TV, not back to the previous menu (meaning if I access an app I can only exit to live TV and then can't click left on the pad to go to the menu, as it goes back into the app).

I currently seem to be set on the 'can't pause'.  I have scanned this article to see if it relates but doesn't seem to refer to my exact problem, https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-50mu6120-owners-thread.2130467/page-7

I am aware it is a Samsung remote (not Virgin) but I know it works fine for everything else and worked perfectly with my old V6 box and am only experiencing these problems with my new V6.

I have:

°re-paired by holding down the play and back button

° removed V6 detection from universal remote then re-added

°factory reset tv with all cables unplugged, plugged back in and set up new

None of this resolved the issue, I still can't pause via universal remote. Only seeking help on here in case any V6 owners with a Sammy TV have experienced the same.  Any help appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andym1404
Joining in

I just fixed this. When forcing a new setup (which you can do by removing the HDMI lead and putting it back in), when it asks you to do the channel up/down test, say No, regardless of whether it works or not. After 3 or 4 retries it moves on to ask you what the model number is. Choose Tivo for the manufacturer and then use the Model number which is on the bottom of my V6 box - on the chassis not the sticker with barcodes. Hit search and you may have to press "show more models" to find yours. Select this then bingo - pause on live tv works, pause on record works and selecting Recordings takes you straight to My Shows.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

KFarm
On our wavelength

No longer having the back/exit issue, just the pause issue. I do think this is something related to the new V6 box as the Samsung controller works in full with V6 other than pausing and works perfectly when watching content through other avenues (including pausing). If anyone has any suggestions it'll be much appreciated. 

andym1404
Joining in

I just fixed this. When forcing a new setup (which you can do by removing the HDMI lead and putting it back in), when it asks you to do the channel up/down test, say No, regardless of whether it works or not. After 3 or 4 retries it moves on to ask you what the model number is. Choose Tivo for the manufacturer and then use the Model number which is on the bottom of my V6 box - on the chassis not the sticker with barcodes. Hit search and you may have to press "show more models" to find yours. Select this then bingo - pause on live tv works, pause on record works and selecting Recordings takes you straight to My Shows.

KFarm
On our wavelength

This 100% worked for me - much thanking.

I'm not with Virgin for much longer but I shall most definitely enjoy having this functionality back for the next few weeks (one of those little things that becomes really frustrating).  

Hi

This all works fine for a period (using DCX960) then once the V6 box goes to sleep it all stops working again. Even rebooting the V6 box doesn't solve the problem. It can only be controlled by the V6 remote. The only way I have found is to readd the device to Samsung and start again.

I am talking to Samsung support about this.

Thanks

Joe

Any fixes?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Seems like this is an issue with Samsung directly LiamS - do you have the original V6 remote? 

Cheers. 

I noticed this to. With a old box. I think it's a samsung update thing  I have it on 2 old v6 box's.  And only noticed it as of late