cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Universal Remote control & V6 box

akavintz
Joining in

Hi All,

Two weeks ago I purchased a new samsung smart tv. Initially the universal remote control, controlled both my virgin tivo box and Onkyo amp. All was good.

Yesterday it just stopped. Refused to do anything with either.

I reset the TV and went through the set up again but during the test, this time around, the channel up / down test did nothing on the tivo box.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone know how I can resolve my issue?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the remote have a self-learning mode? Many of the One-4-all ones do, that's often worked for me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not sure but after four failed attempts to control you can tell the smart tv the manufacturer of the device and the model.

It still doesnt control either device after i put in the manufacturer and model number of all devices.

Its really frustrating that it worked perfectly and now just wont even see it.

I used to have the virgin icon and shortcuts to guide, recordings and even power on and off functions from the tv menu.

Now nothing!

@akavintz wrote:

Not sure but after four failed attempts to control you can tell the smart tv the manufacturer of the device and the model.

It still doesnt control either device after i put in the manufacturer and model number of all devices.

Its really frustrating that it worked perfectly and now just wont even see it.

I used to have the virgin icon and shortcuts to guide, recordings and even power on and off functions from the tv menu.

Now nothing!

...are you referring to the Samsung Smart remote?

If so, have you tried this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyNqT6nQLqw

(the vid is not in English but you can still follow what's going on.

Hi Deans,

Yes watched that already.

It did work when i first set the tv up but 48hrs later and it does nothing.

Been on the phone to Samsung who dont seem to know much about their products as they are saying theres two remotes but i only got one and it did work so the one remote i have is smart.

This is just for pairing remote with tv not with V6 

Lol did you read the thread at all?