cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Remotes Again

dazcornish
Joining in

Hi

First post but been on here many times over the years. 

This time just cannot sort the problem.

Had a new Samsung TV (QE55qn94) with smart remote working ok with my V6 box. Smart remote controlled all functions. V6 box was just out when I received it.

While on holiday V6 box died and was replaced by a Virgin Engineer. All now working but when I went to connect the smart remote via Samsung Setup Wizard it now does not work. Used Arris and dcx960 but no go.

Read other threads and tried various solutions, ie HDMI cable, HDMI-Cec port, Setting Virgin remote to IR etc. Even tried using settings for Pace box as seems to work for the 360 box.

Any difference between old and new V6 boxes? Setting I'm missing?

Cheers in advance

3 REPLIES 3

dazcornish
Joining in

Update

Interesting problem! 

Seems 0-0.5m smart remote not working, 0.5-2.0m working and 2m+ not working. My chair is approx 3m from box. 

Moved v6 to topshelf of TV table (open design, no doors). Slightly better range but not to my chair. 

Used a couple of lego bricks to tilt up the front of the box 30ish degrees and now all good to 3m+. Position of remote still critical close up. 

Guess IR sensor not positioned correctly. 

Tried with old and new batteries plus charging the solar remote and effect is the same. Original v6 remote works whatever the position of the box. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dazcornish

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues linking the remote with your V6 box, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, are you referring to the Samsung remote when you reference the distance issue? Have you now managed to link the remote to the box and it's just a distance issue? 

Let me know. 

Thanks 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

It is indeed the Samsung remotes, solar and normal one. 

It is a distance issue, too close or too far causes problems. Previous V6 all ok.

Replaced batteries/full charge on Solar. No improvement in range.

Lego bricks under front feet to angle front of box does the trick.

Mis-aligned IR sensor?