cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV- 2160 not supported

Frame78
Joining in

Hi, I have a new Samsung frame 4K tv. The picture quality is terrible. Looking at video output it says 2160 is not supported. I have restarted v6 box but still says not supported. I have a 4K cable and have tried different hdmi ports. 

5 REPLIES 5

ozsat
Superstar

If you have tried turning both tv and V6 box off at mains - then turn the tv on and then 20 seconds later the V6 and still have problems - then you are going to need to try a different 4K device to see if the issue is with the V6, the tv or even the cable.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

On the V6 video settings try using the test formats option and cycle through all the formats, you might find that 2160 now appears as supported.

Hi thanks but that didn’t work. Still saying 2160 not supported. We’ve tried another 4K device and issue does not seem to be with the tv. 

@Frame78 wrote:

Hi thanks but that didn’t work. Still saying 2160 not supported. We’ve tried another 4K device and issue does not seem to be with the tv. 

Try a different high speed HDMI cable.

Try going into TV settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus and enable it on the relevant HDMI port.