cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

65jadk14
Joining in

Recently finished with virgin tv, they have sent out a flat packed returns box etc.

I have already packed the equipment and now have received a text saying they have a team in my area who could collect the equipment so I replied to the text that it could be collected.

Is it ok to hand over the package or do the collection team need to confirm what I am returning,also should I get /ask for a receipt.

Any advice much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd certainly ask for a receipt from the courier. That's just to cover yourself incase anything goes awry after you hand it over.

Many couriers these days are taking photos of deliveries which phones will geotag - if the courier isn't forthcoming with something, you could do the same? - a photo of them with the box?

Not sure whether this is what VM would officially advise, but I certainly wouldn't let a courier leave with chargeable kit without something to prove they had it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd certainly ask for a receipt from the courier. That's just to cover yourself incase anything goes awry after you hand it over.

Many couriers these days are taking photos of deliveries which phones will geotag - if the courier isn't forthcoming with something, you could do the same? - a photo of them with the box?

Not sure whether this is what VM would officially advise, but I certainly wouldn't let a courier leave with chargeable kit without something to prove they had it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks for your thoughts, i`ll maybe have a polite chat with them