cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning faulty V6 box

brdevine
On our wavelength

I'm hoping someone can help.  I had a faulty V6 box replaced last year and unfortunately missed a call at the time from an engineer who could have picked up the faulty box. My last communication with the engineer was May 2020 when he said he's not currently in the area and would arrange to pick it up when he is.

A year has now passed and I'm reminded by the presence of the cardboard box at the side of the sofa that someone still needs to come collect the faulty V6 box.  Is there any way that the box can be picked up before my wife gets the urge to bin it - it has so far evaded her detection but I can't guarantee that it will for another year!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi brdevine, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have arranged for a returns pack to be sent to your address. You should receive this within 7-10 days. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're potentially lucky to have not been charged non-returned kit fees.

You can request a returns pack via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

brdevine
On our wavelength

The new V6 that was sent to us to replace the faulty one contained a letter stating "In light of the current situation we are not asking you to return your old equipment immediately. Please keep it safe and we'll be in touch with further advice in due course."

I've checked the link you provided and while it says to affix the return label to the box, unfortunately there was no return label inside the new equipment box to send it back - only the letter I've stated.

The engineer said he would pick up the kit and I was not told of the need to arrange the return myself. I think I've slipped through a crack in the system.

Hopefully a VM represenative can advise if a request for a return pack is the correct route (your link implies that it's for folk who have disconnected their VM services).

Hi brdevine, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not heard anything back from the engineer since last year. 

We can happily request a returns pack for you however I will need to confirm some information with you first of all. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi brdevine, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have arranged for a returns pack to be sent to your address. You should receive this within 7-10 days. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team