cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement power adapter

DonnaShah
Joining in

Hi

I'm hoping you can help. My power cable has snapped and so there is no power to my v6 box. I am getting nowhere with online support/WhatsApp chats etc and saw messages from others on here.

Fingers crossed you can help me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @DonnaShah 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the power adapter 😞
I will assist you on this and get this replaced for you.
I will send a private message to escalate this, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd be interested to know how a power cable can snap without some force being exerted on it.

But that aside, you can either call into faults to report this (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait on here for staff to respond in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @DonnaShah 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the power adapter 😞
I will assist you on this and get this replaced for you.
I will send a private message to escalate this, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @DonnaShah on the forums.

I'm glad to hear you have been able to get the adapter via our messenger team on WhatsApp.
Let us know how the services are once it arrives 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi Ilyas,

I have the same problem. My hamster chewed through the power cable for my box. When I went through diagnostics, it wanted to send an engineer and charge me £25 for the privilege, but I know what the issue is! Little furry creature with sharp teeth is the culprit! Can you help me please?

Thanks

Michelle

Hi @floccinocci thanks for your post here in the Community - oh dear!
Please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W