cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement V6 Box

NorrinRadd
Tuning in

My V6 box was destroyed in a fire so need a replacement.

Help page doesn't have any relevant help. Live chat is not available, nor is an email.

Any simple options for ordering a replacement before phoning and doing the help desk dance.
(I think it's Dantes 4.5th circle of hell in the new updated edition :))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff should respond on these boards, if you don't mind waiting a couple of days - otherwise you can call in. There isn't any published CS-email address.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, choose the "I have a fault" options and then press nothing else just wait.

Although they're bound to ask and I'm curious.... can you explain the circumstances in which the V6 was damaged?...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff should respond on these boards, if you don't mind waiting a couple of days - otherwise you can call in. There isn't any published CS-email address.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, choose the "I have a fault" options and then press nothing else just wait.

Although they're bound to ask and I'm curious.... can you explain the circumstances in which the V6 was damaged?...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need to go down the faults route. 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile. 0345 454 1111 from all others at standard landline rates.

You could also wait for a response from the forum team here, although it may be a while until they pick up on your thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Happy to wait for a staff response, not super urgent.

As for the reason the box was destroyed... Doing a house renovation so the V6 box was put in storage along with the rest of mine and my partners lives.
Then this happened - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60556403

The V6 box is a long way down the priorities list.

Hello NorrinRadd

Thanks for your post 

I can gladly arrange for a box to be set up for you. 

That Storage place is only a stones throw away from where I live and remember seeing the Plumes of smoke on the Saturday Morning 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Just to update.

Engineer visit organised by the forum team. Engineer provided new box. 

All sorted 🙂

Thanks again NorrinRadd

I  also passed on your thanks to the Technician that attended

Gareth_L