cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove knowledge of old second TiVo from V6

peterfelgate
Tuning in

I had a V6 and a TiVo 500 that I set up via wired ethernet and powerline adaptors so programs recorded on one box can be replayed on the other.  The TiVo 500 was recently upgraded to a second V6.  This V6 can see the original V6 listed and everything works.  The original V6 shows the new V6 and again everything works.  However, the original TiVo 500 is still shown with an exclamation mark on the old V6.  Is there any way of removing this entry to avoid confusing non-tecchy family members? I've tried powering down the VM hub and the two TiVos and bringing them back up thinking the issue was something to do with the hub cache, but that didn't solve the issue......

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi peterfelgate 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there are some problems since upgrading your TV box, with your main V6 showing the older TiVo 500. Have you attempted to perform a reset on the box itself? You can do this by following the below instructions.

1. Press Home on your remote

2. Select Help & Settings

3. Select Clear or reset TiVo box

4. Select one of the options that's suitable for you.

You can find more on what each option does here.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

roy247
Community elder

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@peterfelgate wrote:

I've tried powering down the VM hub and the two TiVos and bringing them back up thinking the issue was something to do with the hub cache, but that didn't solve the issue......

Did you do all the resets at the same time, or in turn? That has been known to fix this.

Whatever you do - don't use the "clear and reset all" as already mentioned - that'll brick your V6. The standard "reset my box" first option should be plenty sufficient, and it sounds like you've already done this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks