cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove 'grey' channels

AlanJC
Tuning in

Hi, Many, months ago (first lock-down?) several extra HD channels became available - so I added them to favorites!  A short time later, they were withdrawn and the 'grayed-out' ghosts remains in my favorites to this day.  Please, please tell me how to remove them!  

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi AlanJC,

I'm relying on memory here as I now use the TV360 box.

To remove a channel that is already in your Favourite List, select it in the available channel list and click "OK": it will now disappear from your Favourite List.

Once you've finished making the changes, click on the left arrow key of your VM Remote Control to select Confirm and press the "OK" button on your Remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Appreciate the reply, but that didn't work. When you highlight the channel and press 'OK' the only options are to pay extra to upgrade the package, or cancel. 'Remove' is not an option! ...However, if you go into Home / Help and Settings / Settings / Favourite Channels then scroll down the list to the first box which is not ticked, then press 'Thumbs-down' it just makes a 'boing' noise and nothing appears to change. When you go back into Home / TV Guide / My Favourites - IT HAS GONE!!! Woop de doo! Repeat for all other non-ticked boxes and the list is now clean and tidy!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you've sorted it?

Before I go to check on my V6.... you can also manage this via the TV Control app, followe Settings > User Preferences > Edit favourite channels

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I don't have that app, but the job is done after countless grumbles about scrolling through channels I don't have.  Happy camper!

Hi @AlanJC.

Welcome back to our community forums. 

Sorry to hear you were having issues when trying to delete greyed channels. We are however glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs