Menu
Jen27
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote

The guy set up my tv and remote. Later I turned tv off to go out. When I turned back on the remote isn't controlling the tv. Having g to use my normal tv remote. The light on box flashes, but nothing happens. The volume control is working, but nothing else. 

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote

If you have used the V6 controller to set your TV to stand-by mode then it should be able to take it out of that mode.

A single tap of the stand-by mode button will bring up an on screen message relating to the V6 box.

To take your TV out of stand-by mode you need to press and hold the stand-by button for a few seconds until your TV comes back on,  then press the TV or Info button on your V6 controller to bring the V6 box out of stand-by.

It just take getting used to, but after a while you get used to holding down the stand-by button for a few seconds to control the TV, and to tap then tap again the stand-by button to put the V6 into stand-by.

If the above does not work then you may need to program your V6 controller.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Jen27
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, the box goes in and out of stand by but can't change channel, or other buttons, the light in box flashes but nothing happens on tv. 

Would've been useful if the guy had shown me how to use but never mind. 

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The V6 remote control once programmed for your TV will only provide limited control of the TV.
It can increase/decrease Volume
Mute the Volume
Change the TV standby mode
Allow you to select the input mode of the TV (press and hold the TV button).

The latter will allow you to connect to the V6 box which could be on HDMI 1,2,3 or 4.

I have learned a lot of how the V6 box and it controller works by trial and error and by asking on the forum when I get stuck.  You can message me if you have an issue and I will try to help.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos