cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote will not turn on Sharp Aquos TV.

KeithHennessey
On our wavelength

The remote works in all other ways but it will not turn on the TV so we have to use the TV remote control before the virgin remote. I have spent hours trying all the Virgin help codes to no avail. Is anyone at Virgin interested?

Regards Keith

14 REPLIES 14

AMCG
On our wavelength

Thanks Newapollo, unfortunately none of them worked, might be something to do with the new remote that was talked about in a previous thread, thanks anyway.

AMCG
On our wavelength

Just to let you and anybody reading this know, I sat down and give the 0999 scheme another go after about 15/20 minutes the TV turned off, saved the code.   The power on/ off, volume + - both work but not mute. It at no time shows the actual code or I would post it here. Is it really beyond virgin to help their customers out a bit? Best of luck to anyone else trying. Thanks again Newapollo appreciated

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AMCG, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am terribly sorry that the remote and your tv are not working together. As this is 3rd party equipment we would not be able to advise on your TV, I would suggest reaching out to the manufacture or to the Gadget Rescue team here.

Zoie

AMCG
On our wavelength

Hello Zoie_p, I did reach out to sharp, UMC they said virgin would not give them the codes to interact with the box, unlike sky which did and published them. So according to them not much can be done bar trying all the codes to see which fits best. What's the big secret ? 

Hi AMCG, 

Thanks for coming back to us in this. 

Checking our codes here, I have found all the following will work with UMC brand TV's. 

Give them a try and let us know how you get on: 

0031 0699 0697 0512 0052 0244 0250 0355 0698 0406 0720 0460 0382 0746 0759 0798 0361 0751 0385 0353 0816

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs